Our very own, Beth Clark, is being nominated for BlueCross BlueShield’s Angel Award by a dear friend, Cathy. Part of the nomination asks for newspaper clippings, photographs, letters of support, videotapes, DVDs, etc. Beth is humbled by the very notion, but we’re asking that you write a letter of support in Beth’s honor. Because you know as well as I do, Beth gives selflessly of her time and energy for Mighty Moms, I am asking you to write a recommendation letter on her behalf.
Mighty Moms stands to gain $20,000 dollars if Beth wins. Are you running the numbers for how many children we’ll feed with that?! If you can help, please address a few key points in your letter, including:
- What is your perception of the community Beth serves (Eastover)?
- What does the nominee do to serve Louisiana children?
- Did the nominee initiate new programs or activities and use new methods to solve problems?
- Has the activity or service provided by the nominee produced positive changes and provided examples for other groups?
- What results has the nominee produced?
- What amount of time does the nominee devote to the activity or service?
- Was the nominee active, not a figurehead?
- Has the nominee overcome unusual challenges, such as limited resources, public perceptions of the problem or a personal disability?
The nomination deadline is Friday, April 5, 2013. If you can take just a moment to send a recommendation letter for Beth, who is a deserving advocate for children, she could be chosen as an honoree, and you will have played a large part in aiding a worthy local effort. Please send your letter of recommendation before April 5 in one of the following ways:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: The Angel Award
P. O. Box 98029
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70898-9029
About the Angel Award
Celebrating its 19th anniversary, the Angel Award is a statewide recognition program honoring exceptional volunteer efforts on behalf of Louisiana youth. Because making a difference in Louisiana’s communities requires time and money, the Angel Award includes a $20,000 grant from the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation for each honoree’s charity.
Thank you so much for your help! Your recommendation letter will help give Beth the best shot at getting recognized for the time and dedication she gives to the Mighty Moms organization and the children of Louisiana.
If you would like to know more about the Angel Award program or would like to nominate someone, please go to www.bcbsla.com/angelaward or call 1-888-219-BLUE (2583).